Manitoba Marriage Commissioner and Marriage License Vendor
Sheryl Hunnie and Associates     email, text 204-771-6736

Marry Me, Hunnie

Click here to edit subtitle


Marriage Certificates and Name Changes more information

Posted by Sheryl Hunnie on August 28, 2012 at 1:05 PM

I have been fielding a number of emails lately regarding Marriage Certificates and Change of Name. As previously mentioned in my “Getting Married in Manitoba” blog entry, once the ceremony has been completed and I have mailed in the signed marriage license, you may apply for a Marriage Certificate and take the steps necessary to change your name.  As a Marriage Commissioner, it is my responsibility to ensure that I file all of the paperwork in a timely fashion.  In fact,it is stipulated that I must do so within 48 hours of your ceremony!  Unfortunately, I cannot give you a copy of any of the documentation.  When you purchase your licence from a registered vendor, you are given a form to fill out and submit once the ceremony has been completed and the paperwork filed. If you misplace the form, you can easily access the information on line  There is a fee attached to the certificate.  I am not allowed to apply on your behalf.

If either of you are changing your surname, you would do so once you have received the Marriage Certificate.  (You can call yourself Mr. and/or Mrs. NewName as soon as you want…but in order for your new name to be legally recognized on documents, you must contact the various agencies yourself.) This information is provided by Vital Statistics

I hope this information helps you to navigate the process a little more smoothly.


Categories: "Must Read" Information

Post a Comment


Oops, you forgot something.


The words you entered did not match the given text. Please try again.

Already a member? Sign In


Reply Jordan Curé
9:08 PM on February 25, 2013 
A good tip that goes along with this is to fax in your request for the marriage certificate rather than mailing it in. We got ours 13 days later. Also, beware of the forms that you get from where ever you bought the marriage license. We were provided with the "old form" and it was returned to us to be re-submitted (the fee is now $30, not $25).
Reply ThomasLooke
12:17 AM on March 26, 2018 
Living in France is one thing desired by many individuals. If you want to live in France then you have to get French property. You can read the advertisement section of the newspapers which has the section of houses for sale in France. After making a suitable choice, you should research about the properties for sale in France. French property is now a days very much wanted also.

If you want to live in France and spend your life there you should select a proper house. French property is not cheap and you need to make a major investment. You must also know about the properties for sale in France at various locations. The houses for sale in France come in different prices depending on the location